Subject: RE: Make more use of F2/F3 buttons
From: Riahi, Shervin (Shervin_Riahi_at_dfci.harvard.edu)
Date: 2003-09-20

 I am 100% in favor of such a mod!

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Evans
Sent: 9/19/03 7:39 PM
Subject: Make more use of F2/F3 buttons

Hello all,

I've been thinking about a possible redesign of the F2/F3 menus on the
recorder menus. Currently, each F button allows us to change 3 boolean
style settings, and I consider this to be very wasteful.

Instead, I would propose that these be turned into full on scrolling
menus, with an array of commonly used boolean switches, or possibly to
launch plugins/other functionality (for example, my personal build uses
hardeeps playlist browser patch, and for accessibility reasons I removed

the invert display option in the F3 screen, and replaced it with a call
to the playlist browser).

If people would be interested to see something like this, I have some
time this weekend, and would gladly produce a patch to do this. I'm
aware of the .rockbox browsing patch, but aware is all I am, no idea of
what it allows or does. I would put a bunch (~10-15) boolean options in
the F2 screen, and a 'Run Plugin' submenu on F3, with a few other
accessibility functions or perhaps commonly used non-boolean settings.

Suggestions/critiques?

Tom