Subject: RE: an idea/suggestion
From: Mike Dubuc (
Date: 2003-09-21

I assume you've seen this:

-----Original Message-----
From: []On
Behalf Of BlueChip
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 10:47 AM

At 07:08 20/09/03 -0700, you wrote:

>--- BlueChip <> wrote:
> > As it currently stands we can only play ONE MP3 at a time.
> > There is currntly no .WAV support.
> > Improvements will only really be possible in this area if we get help
> > obtaining the SDK for audio decoder chip. So far we have had no
> success in
> > obtaining this information. I've come close on a couple of occasions,
> > still not scored that inimitable goal.
>if you want to continually plug your goals for getting the MAS info,
>shouldn't you at least give
>the name of it every time? no ones gonna know they should be interested in
>it if you don't
>constantly say it's name.

Yes, you are absolutely right.

If anyone ever stumbles over programmer information on either of:
   # "Micronas MAS 3587 F" (recorder & fm recorder)
   # "Micronas MAS 3507 D" (player)
...Please let me know - either directly of via this news group :)

With these docs, several of the "NODO"s become "possible"s; for example it
is known that there is/was another player on the market with the same
decoder chip which would/will do time-distortion (pitch control) on MP3
realtime - so that it definitely POSSIBLE :-)

Do you have a friend who works on either Audio devices or does business
with the company "Micronas"?

Thanks for your ears(/eyes?),