Subject: Re: an idea/suggestion
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2003-09-21

> > The player design was actually not developed by terratec but bought from
> > some guys who sell almost the same device. Info can be found on
> > <>
> > This page has also some firmware downloads.
>Yes, I know. However the Oscar does not claim features that require
>reprogramming the MAS. The MP3O does: "Variable playback speed possible
>without affecting pitch".
>However, we still need to verify that the claim is actually true. It could
>refer to plain CD-data only, and not MP3 files, in which case the Terratec
>lead is a dead end.

You are, of course, absolutely right. All facts must be verified before
complete acceptance which case the Terratec lead is a winner.

I also realise that without a copy of the Terratec schematics (and possibly
more - hope you received the firmware okay?) we could not know if the CDDA
was routed through the same audio-dac!

If I come up with more data or ideas, I will pass them on as well (NDA
permitting) ;)