Subject: RE: LCD mod?
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2003-09-22

It's an interesting suggestion, but ultimately impractical. There is not
sufficient room in the case for the larger LCD. The skills and tools needed
to splice it in electronically (e.g., SMT soldering) mean that few people
could do that part of the mod. I don't know of a source for such displays --
other than buying TI calculators and stripping them.

I don't want to be a heretic, but you would probably be a lot better off
buying an Apple iPod. It's got the better display, has a much slicker
package, plays MP3, AAC, WAV, MP3 VBR, Audible(6),and AIFF formats, and is
probably less than the cost of an Archos Jukebox plus a graphing TI
calculator. In fact, I'd bet that you could earn enough to buy a brand new
iPod with fewer hours of work than it would take to graft a TI display onto
an Archos Jukebox.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell