Subject: Re: LCD mod?
From: Minuk Choi (
Date: 2003-09-22

    My reason for an LCD mod is that... when I was in High school, taking AP Calculus, we were all required to buy a TI-83 graphing calculators. Of course, then there were the few minorities who started to do LCD mods for TI-83s. I didn't do it 'cause the people at the AP/SAT exam wouldn't let me use it.

    The advantage of those mods, are that it's either
        A) brighter LCD for easier to read text
        B) larger LCD(or sometimes adding a magnifier lense on top of the LCD to make the text appear bigger

    The reasoning behind my suggestion for an LCD mod is that... it's hard to read a txt file on that small screen.