Subject: Re: LCD mod?
From: Minuk Choi (Choi.Minuk_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2003-09-22

as for space, I don't know how much internal work is required, but the hole
in the cover can be cut wider? Hmm... When I opened up the FMR... I saw
that the LCD was connected via a ribbon... I thought perhaps most of the
work would be done towards either replacing the plug(for a LCD with a
different length ribbon can be plugged in).

    For example, taking the LCD from the Archos Multimedia unit and placing
it in the FMR(this is just an off-the-top-of-my-head example, I didn't think
it through), since that LCD has more power(in that it can display color)?

    But the syncing with a palm or another device isn't a bad idea. This is
almost like turning the FMR into the multimedia unit... instead of a digital
camera module, connect it to Palm and use the camera module for the Palm to
take the picture and transfer to archos for storage?