Subject: Re: Defragmenting the Player's HD?
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-09-22

Sure you can. I'm sure that Bio Hazard is remembering the incredulity
that some of us expressed at a Jukebox drive having any significant file
fragmentation. Multi-megabyte files that aren't being constantly created
and deleted aren't very likely to fragment.

It's just not very likely to happen unless the drive is being used as a
Windows volume with various smallish files being constantly created and
deleted. What _will_ likely happen with the default settings of Windows
Defrag is that the defrag program will try to arrange the files with most
recently used first and waste a whole lot of time trying to optimize
something that doesn't really need it.