Subject: problem with cfg files
From: Manuel Schunk (manuelschunk_at_foni.net)
Date: 2003-09-22

Hello,
I'm totally new to this, so don't kill me, if I do something stupid
:-)

Since I'M blind, I might not be able to answer some of your questions
regarding the display of the Archos. I'm using an Archos Recorder 6
GB. The Rockbox version is the ZIP file from 09-21-2003.

Problem: After creating my own CFG file it seems they don't take
affect. According to the manual, the only thing you have to pay
attension to, is to use the suffix .cfg. I put the file in different
locations but no difference. Of course, I checked the syntax according
to the given example. After having done that, I used the write CFG
file from the menu (with sighted help). I opened that file and made
some changes to it, saved again and rebooted the Archos. Nothing
changed. Am I doing something wrong there? Other than that, the player
seems to work just fine.

In the requested features I saw a request for visually impaired
settings. I would very much support that. Beeps for different files or
folders. Even better would be to have talking menus, if possible. When
entering the main menu, a little mp3 file could tell you "General
settings" When moving down another file would be triggered and tell
you "record settings" and so on. Is that technically possible?

regards, Manuel