Subject: Re: Survey: who has a non-V1 boot ROM?
From: Chris Muth (rockbox_at_muth.cc)
Date: 2003-09-23

Hi Dragon,

My JBR15 (JBRHD15BF) says
ROM CRC: 0x8C1E V2

I got it off of eBay about 10 months ago.

<OFF TYPE="TOPIC">
This might be relevant, so I thought I would include it.
My JBR also has an interesting feature, it will sometime slowly dim the backlight rather than
simply shutting it off. One time I was in the car, and the JBR was cold. By my count, it took around 30s
for the backlight to completely shut off. Hmm, I wonder if it is thermally dependant?? ;-)
If you would like to look at it dimming, here it is <http://muth.cc/jukebox.avi> DivX ;-) MPEG4 V3
One of these days I will have to throw it on the scope and look for PWM (or something) on the backlight line.
</OFF>

Anyway, good luck.

-Chris Muth