Subject: Re: Seeking suggestions for good FM transmitter
From: Roy Horton (roy_at_spiderdesigns.com)
Date: 2003-09-23

I had one 'hard wired' into the radio and plays at either 88.7 or
somewhere near the top of the dial... it is crystal clear..

I got it at circuit city for about $40 and installed for another
$15... although it did take them a few minutes to stop selling me the
$19.99 plug and play transmitter.

The one I got was only found in back in their install garage

--
Roy Horton, roy_at_spiderdesigns.com on 09/23/2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:58:39 -0400, Chris Holt wrote: google search for "Pirate Radio" you will find discussions, reviews, suggestions and more.

Best of luck, Chris

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:27:38 -0400, eD\\/ARd0 F/\\KEn^M3 wrote: > Hi, > > > I just joined the list so forgive me if I rehash a recently hashed > issue. > > > Does nayone know of a 'good' FM transmitter? I tried these things > before and was not impressed. It seems that the signal is just too > weak. I know they're legally restricted but is there a source for > "strong" transmitters? I live in a rural area so I'm in little danger > of upsetting the neighbors. I would like a transmitter that would allow > me to get a clean signal in my car as well as be able to broadcast to > an area about 1 Acre in size. (Actually, 20 acres would be great but is > that asking too much?) > > BTW< I live in the USA