Subject: Re: Seeking suggestions for good FM transmitter
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2003-09-23

That would be a modulator, not a transmitter. It is hard wired because it
doesn't put out enough RF to transmit more than a few inches, and yes,
they typically are "crystal clear" within the limits of standard FM radio
capabilities. Nicer units have selectable modulation levels and such.

The 1 watt transmitter referred to will give a coverage area of a few
miles, assuming good antenna elevation and design. It would have an
entirely different purpose than car audio.