Subject: hardware mod/outrageous mods

hardware mod/outrageous mods

From: Minuk Choi <Choi.Minuk_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:01:16 -0400

Hi,

    I see that there are many of you who are well educated, and professionals in the field of electrical and software engineering... But, I wonder how many of you are just mod enthusiasts?

    That is, mod your Archos not only for the good of its users, but also the "wow" factor.

    For example, has anyone any ideas on a LCD mod? I mean, the Archos LCD is alright, but I find that I have to strain when I have to read it... the backlight... I feel, would be better if it lit up in blue or something(or like the iPod)

    Any comments/ideas?

another idea for a mod... small speakers... can be used as an add-on or some can build in small speakers, so that Archos can be self contained audio unit.

-Mark