Subject: Re: buzzing from inverter in AJR 20 worrysome?
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2003-09-25

At 12:23 25/09/03 +1000, you wrote:

>I have a 110v Archos wallwart plugged into a 220-110 stepdown transformer, and
>then my archos AJR 20
>Recently, its started 'buzzing' a bit during charge/play.
>Is this worrysome? Does it presage a parts failure?

it happens when the coils heat and cool over time. The resin softens and
the 50hz/60hz movement in the coils causes a "buzz" ...same with most
buzzing or whining that comes out of old tvs and monitors can open
it up and paint the coils with nail varnish if it annoys you, or just
ignore it does suggest that your charger was cheap (cheap resin,
cost-cutting production line etc.) or has had a lot of use - but it is not
normally any cause for concern ...I've known TVs keep going for years after
they start whining.