Subject: Re: Neuros: Not ready for prime time
From: David McIntyre (
Date: 2003-09-25

I think he's referring to the descrambling of the original firmware, rather
than that info being handed to you on a silver platter. I view it as a
compliment and a little as an admonishment for reverse-engineering a protected
piece of software (not that I'm complaining).

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 12:38:07PM +0200, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> Rob wrote:
> >Take it as a compliment!
> >
> Hehe, maybe I should. Still, when I read that sentence, I feel that it
> implies that Rockbox is a "hacked" version of the Archos firmware, i.e
> Rockbox is based upon code "hacked" or stolen from the original
> firmware. I find that offending.
> Linus

David McIntyre
PGP Key fingerprint = CAB5 A73A 43FA 19E3 449D  20B8 25D7 FA84 8847 D6A7 for geek code, pgp key, etc.