Subject: RE: serial interface uses
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-09-26

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:32:03 -0400, Fred Maxwell wrote:
> Gerald L. Clark wrote:
>

>> They are both slave devices.
>> You will need a host adapter card to plug into PDA,
>> but suitable drivers probably do not exist.
>>

> My PalmOS handheld has a perfectly functional serial port. A simple
> cable (or maybe something with level shifters) could connect that to an
> AJB with the serial port mod.
>
> Regards,
> Fred Maxwell

Roger that. I have a cable I can hook up to my Handspring Visor with some
level conversion circuitry built into the plug. This cable allows me to
hook the PDA directly to a standard external modem and connect to the
internet.

AFAIK, the serial port on most PDAs is pretty generic, the cradle
determines whether you hook to USB or serial ports on the computer.

Chris