Subject: RE: Recording - Harddrive sounds
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2003-09-26

At 10:39 26/09/03 -0500, you wrote:
>What do recordings done on the jukebox sound like, especially with a stereo
>mic? are they as good as if you recorded through a computer sound card?
>

>Kevin

My line-in recordings are GREAT from the Archos mic - not studio quality -
but perfect for their use.
But dont forget that you are compressing - even a very HQ, you WILL lose
SOME data through MP3 compression. It all depends on how much of a
perfectionist you are. If you are comparing to a PC sound card, then you
will NOT be disappointed.

I have never noted these feint HDD noises in line-in recording, but I will
take a closer listen sometime and report back.