Subject: Re: FMR - rest in peace
From: Tom Evans (
Date: 2003-09-26

Hi there.

Not entirely sure what lifetime you get out of the STOCK batteries on
the recorder, but on my FM, the battery regularly lasted 10hrs or more,
with the record being "plugged in at 10am, turned itself off at 2am". 14
hours seemed pretty decent runtime to me.

However, I still wouldnt recommend the FM, as mine has just had to be
RMA'ed, and I'm still waiting on any progress
reports/inspection/validation of error, let alone when they are going to
return it to me. Better still, they no longer stock FMs either, so
looking at their site (unless of course, they fix the unit) my only
option is a Recorder 20.

Whatever the benefits, its just uglier than the FM :)