Subject: Archos Jukebox/Studio USB cables for $1

Archos Jukebox/Studio USB cables for $1

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:36:03 -0400

I know that this is a bit off-topic for the mailing list, but it should be
useful to many so here goes:

I get tired of lugging the Archos Jukebox USB cable between home and work.
I went to the Archos website and found that they wanted $40 for the USB A-A
(male-male) cables! Thieving bastards...

After doing some searching, I found a compatible cable for $1 from
shentech.com:

http://store.yahoo.com/shentech/fox2footusbe.html

The cable is two feet long (about a foot shorter than the Archos cable). I
ordered four. The cables were $1 each and the shipping was $5.36 for all
four, so it pays to buy more than one.

Shentech.com/Yahoo sent a confirmation e-mail almost immediately, shipped
promptly, and I received the cables two days after I ordered them.

I didn't ohm the cable out because it's a hassle to get to the pins inside
the shell. Crossing my fingers and plugging in my Jukebox 10, it worked
fine. I'd assume that the same cable would work with the Jukebox Studio,
Jukebox Recorder, DExCDRW/DVDRW and Qdisk, just like the Archos cable.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell