Subject: RE: serial interface uses
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-09-27

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:05:03 -0500, Chris Muth wrote:
> Yes, the S in USB is serial, but you yourself made the distinction
> between "serial" and "USB". Quote: "hook to USB or serial ports". I
> was simply continuing the USB vs "serial" distinction.
>
> Thank you for pointing out a link to a page that supports my comment
> that the cradle is mostly just a fancy connector for the PDA.
>
> -Chris Muth

Of course. Happy to help! :)

The electrical difference is almost nil. If the protocol is handled in
the software, as it is in the PalmOS, then really not much problem getting
either connection out of the connector really.

It's "doable" in other words. Just requires the mod to the Archos and
someone who can program both PalmOS and Archos...

Chris