Subject: Re: Recording - Harddrive sounds
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-09-27

Kevin R. Jones wrote:

> What do recordings done on the jukebox sound like, especially with a
> stereo
> mic? are they as good as if you recorded through a computer sound card?

If you compare the jukebox with an average computer sound card, I'll say
the results will be very similar (if you convert your computer sound card
recordings to mp3 as well). Of course, the jukebox with its minimalistic
design (hardly place for all the components, harddrive next to amplifier
and signal lines) can't compete with real high class recording cards.

Sound quality depends mainly on your external amplifier. If you provide
amplified line-level signals to your jukebox's line in, you can get great
quality.

Andreas Stemmer