Subject: Charging FMR via hardware
From: Fred (speed-up_at_fr.st)
Date: 2003-09-27

As I got a problem with flashed rockbox firmware on my FMR, the software
cannot boot up to charge my device : I've got to do this manually. Could
someone please help me doing that, giving me the voltage/intensity settings
to charge the battery ? Now both cells are about 3.3V which seems to be
insufficent to spin up disk, required (don't know why ...) by rockbox's
charging process, which definitly doesn't work.

I suppose the charging circuit would be like this, with U being the power
sypply's voltage, B1 and B2 both battery cells and R a resistor, chosen to
control intensity :

--------|(+) U (-)|--------
| |
| |
| (R)
| |
| |
| |

Just tell me if that circuit may work, and which values I need for R and U,
how long this would be, and if there are some issues I'd have to know about
LiIon batteries. For information, the values written on the cells are :
Archos - 2 Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries
2200 mAh - 4.2 V

Fred