Subject: RE: Archos Jukebox/Studio USB cables for $1
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2003-09-27

Would it kill you people to say "thanks"?

I posted the message about the $1 cables, thinking that it would help
people. There have been 15 replies in the thread (other than the one from
me) and the only person who had the courtesy to say "thanks" was Eric Hart
-- to whom I say "you're welcome."

As to the other messages, one said that he had the FM recorder and that the
cable wouldn't work for him (see subject?). The next one said that the
cable I recommended may not work for USB 2.0 (untrue) and that another
vendor also carried cables (great if I need a 10' long cable for my Archos).
The next poster wanted an A-B adapter cable that was 1/2" - 1" long.
Subsequent messages included misinformation about USB cable specs,
corrections to those postings, and questions about USB cable specs. We had
messages about how people carried their cords in the neoprene pouch pocket
(yeah, that's a revelation), how another person didn't have room because of
the remote being in the pouch. Yet another said that they used the cables
that came with their Sony videocamera and Olympus digital camera.

But none of those posting started with anything like "Thanks for the tip..."

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell