Subject: RE: Archos Jukebox/Studio USB cables for $1

RE: Archos Jukebox/Studio USB cables for $1

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:01:30 -0400

Chris Holt wrote:

> This is silly. If you had gotten multiple heartfelt "thanks" for an
> unsolicited and, by your admission, off-topic tip,

I said that it was "a bit off-topic", but not very damned much.

> I would have fainted.

I never asked for "multiple heartfelt" thanks. But it's not unreasonable to
want people to behave as courteously online as they do in the real world.
But, maybe this is as courteous as you are in person. If so, enjoy being
single.

> Check the archives, about once every other month someone
> moans about the cost of the OEM cable and several links
> to reasonably prices cables are posted. Never seen more
> than the occasional single "thanks" when a link was
> requested, and I'm not sure why anyone would be expected
> to thank you for a link to something they don't need.

So you think that no one on this list needs or wants a USB cable for their
Archos Jukebox/Studio/Recorder? Where did you get that idea? If someone
offers you a soda you don't need, do you say "no" or "no, thank you"?

> I'm glad you have other "kinder gentler" lists to read,
> because this is a list filled with geeks and hackers
> and the discussion is decidedly more likely to go off
> into specifications/protocols/potential hacks than an
> orgy of gratitude.

Since you don't seem to think that common courtesy is something to be
valued, I won't waste your bandwidth with pleasantries. I never asked for
an "orgy of gratitude", did I? Now you're just being a dick and making crap
up to try to make me look bad.

> (for which your request was a first in my long and
> varied ML experience)

I didn't ask people to thank me. I pointed out that saying "thanks" in
general would make things more pleasant here. If someone takes the time to
post a tip, saying "thanks" is just common courtesy. When it comes to
"common courtesy", it appears that you're batting a solid .500.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell