Subject: Re: Any news?
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-09-28

Christopher Margerison wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> thanks for the reply.
> The problem certainly won't be that the devs don't/wont have access to
> the specs and hardware, I understand Archos have offered them both.

They haven't. None of the core Rockbox developers have been offered any
docs by Archos. The "dialog" with archos was held by a third person
(Scott at As far as I know, there was a
misunderstanding of our standpoint regarding the documentation (they
thought that we demanded their source code and documentation to be
published) and the discussion ended there, without us knowing.

Yes, Björn is in contact with Archos again, but I don't know more than that.

> It would be a pity (but understandable) if the devs didn't have the
> time/enthusiasm to develop for the AV series

Well, I don't own one, and won't buy one unless it is hackable.