Subject: Re: What Id3 tags supported for WPS?

Re: What Id3 tags supported for WPS?

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:56:19 +0200

André Rübel wrote:
> I do not really understand why this information has to be stored for all
> files. Couldn't this information be loaded on demand if needed in WPS?

That would mean having to power up the disk repeatedly for loading ID3 tags, which goes against the overall Rockbox design of loading everything at once to save power.

> I thought, that the other infos are also fields like artist, title etc. have
> no size limit in ID3 2.x. Is there an internal size limit in rockbox, then?

Yes. An ID3v2 tag as a whole can be max 300 bytes. The individual frames (artist, title etc) are then handled as pointers into the tag buffer.

--
Björn