Subject: Flashed rockbox charging problems - need to re-flash?

Flashed rockbox charging problems - need to re-flash?

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:16:22 +0200

Hi,

I'm having charging problems with my flashed R20GB jukebox.
I flashed it the first week when the firmware was available
and have updated to the 030923 ucl-file. (I did that before going
on holiday.)

I use a Ansmann external wordwide power supply that I have used
successfully on my unit since I bought it. It has a 9V and a 12V setting
and from my experience, the 12V is better for charging.

Currently the status is this:
When I connect the power supply I get the charging screen, but it
displays "not charging" even after beeing connected for an hour.
(Note:Deep discharge is set to NO.)
When I hold down the F1 key and connect the power supply, I get the
original Archos charging routine. It behaves like if it was charging.
This however does not charge the batteries - even after leaving them
connected for a whole night I'm at less then 20% level -
this is aproximately what I had before starting to charge.

The batteries are OK and when I charge them in my external charger,
I get almot 10 hours of running time out of them.

Now my question is this:
I heard there were problems with the first versions of the flashed
firmware regarding charging. Does this mean I have to re-flash the
whole unit or is using a current UCL-file enough?

Martin

Bestes Testergebnis: Stiftung Warentest Doppelsieg fur WEB.DE FreeMail
und WEB.DE Club. Nur fuer unsere Nutzer! http://f.web.de/?mc=021182