Subject: Re: Charging FMR via hardware
From: LoveLearn (LoveLearn_at_iw.net)
Date: 2003-10-02

Fred wrote about his nearly new FMR, "I took the battery to a dedicated
store downtown, and after he analyzed the battery and tried to charge it
they told me my battery was dead." Some FMR owners reported that this
LioN battery design can swell enough to rupture FMR display screens.
Other FMR owners have reported that their battery seems so tightly
contained that they found removing it difficult, probably more examples
of battery swelling. How should FMR owners respond to this report
pattern?

By comparison, sets of 4 AA Metal Halide 1850 ma. cells can be quickly
exchanged and are developing an excellent track record.