Subject: Re: replacement parts
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2003-10-02

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:46:54 -0700, Jon Cooper wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have removed a broken headphone jack from my sons Archos Recorder 20.
> It looks identical to the one shown in the bottom right corner at
> I'm new to this and I
> have no idea how to find a replacement part. Any advice for the
> beginner?
> Jon

You can search for "phone jack" or look at page 551 of their catalog.

If you can see any sort of a part number or manufacturer, that would help.
 Otherwise you can try for a match by specs and sight. The catalog is
well illustrated. As inexpensive as they are, you might want to get a
couple or three that look close and see which one you can make work.

I have found them useful for project parts. They don't have minimum order
quantities, and they are a helpful bunch. Their illustrated pdf catalog
is indispensable, since RAdio Shack has turned into a retail store instead
of the hobbyist haven that it used to be.