Subject: building m3u-playlists from bash in unix
From: svante t (svante_at_demonbox.com)
Date: 2003-10-02

Hey all,
I have a slight *nix-problem I want some help with, a little bit off
topic maybe...
I learned how to make m3u-playlists straight from my prompt by using this:

find ~/Music/* -type f -name '*.mp3' > ~/Music/Playlist.m3u

Now, the problem is that I dont always mirror my files locally
exactly like on my archos. So how do I modify the above to put in
another path than the output? More exactly, how do I change the
output from /Users/svante/Music/Artist/Track.mp3 to
/A-C/Artist/Track.mp3

There is probably some supersmart command to put in between the two
commands above, and I want to know how. Any wizard out there who can
guide me?

/Svante