Subject: Re: [JB6000] Charging Bigger Battery than before
From: Sir Pandolphe - IncrediMail (
Date: 2003-10-04

Thank you for your answer.

I have already read all of yours FAQ.

Your Battery FAQ says that :
Does Rockbox charge the batteries more/less/worse/better than the Archos
Player: Rockbox doesn't affect the charging on Players, it is all done by
hardware logic out of software control.

Ok, I Have understand this.

I Will try to speak step by step.
If you don't understand, you can say what you dont understand.

1*> ) Normally, they are 1500 mah NIMH Battery on the Player.
2*> ) The Archos Player 6000 charge the Original 1500 mah Battery with ONE
cycle of charging. I Connect to 220V my archos and i'm waiting for the
Battery Charged" message. Is it Ok ?

3*> ) Now, I have put IN my Archos Jukebox 2300mAh NIMH Battery. Before,
they are 1500 mAh Battery, now 2300 mAh battery on my Archos. Is it OK ?
4*> ) When I Connect to 220V my archos, it will display "Battery Charging...
, and after, it will display "Battery Charged". But, I Have NOW 2300 mAh
Battery on my player 6000 !

5*> ) I Think really that the archos don't charge fully (full) the 2300mAh
Battery with ONE cycle of charging.
6*> ) Before I have plugged on my Archos The 2300 mAh Battery, I have
charged the 2300 mAh Battery with a specific charger.

7*> ) The archos has work during a very long time, but now, when i charge
with my Player 6000 (battery on my archos) the autonomy (duration of
playing) is more little than when i have used my 2300 mAh Battery charged
with a specific charger...

I Hope that you have understand me, i typped this email during 1h00 !
I'm sorry for busy you.

Thank you in advance,
Sir Pandolphe