Subject: Re: New to the list, and a quick question
From: Michael O'Quinn (michael_at_oquinn.info)
Date: 2003-10-04

Read the other stuff on the Documentation page.

Since this is the first time you will be creating a development
environment, the obvious first document to read is "First-Time Guide to
Rockbox Development". It's part way down the page, just under the big
text that says "For Hackers". That document refers to several other
documents, which you should also read. It's fairly simple to set up a
development environment, but expect to spend at least a LITTLE effort
reading the documentation.

In general, you should read the docs before asking for detailed
instructions. A lot of work has gone into those documents, and it's
clueless to ask someone to re-do all of that here just because you haven't
read the docs. I assume you have heard the term "RTFM", as in "Read The
Fine Manual"? (RTFM Is has other more vulgar interpretations, which I
shall leave to your imagination...)

THEN, after you have read and digested the docs on that page, if you find
something doesn't work, or if you have a specific question, I'm sure
someone will be glad to help you.

Michael