Subject: re: Suggestion about user interface change for browsing
From: Wrybread (wrybread5_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-10-05

I agree, I dislike having FORWARD be identical to play. I've killed countless playlists by thinking I'm in the WPS screen and I'm trying to advance to the next song, and instead of I'm the Browser and it plays whatever song its on and clears teh playlist. Very annoying, and personally I don't see any advantage to having right be play, when there's a very good play button already.

Personally I'd like to see Forward be either the song menu that you describe or, in my opinion better yet, Queue or Insert. Maybe it could be configurable, so you set Forward to be one of a list of things, among them would be all forms of queue and insert, maybe your song menu idea, maybe play, and whatever else people would find useful.

But the forward as play has annoyed me so much taht I've been meaning to try to figure out how to modify the code to get rid of it.