Subject: Re: SOS - File System Error (No FAT16/32)
From: matthew wood (
Date: 2003-10-05

ok. now the device spins up and doesn't give me that FAT error message.
however, all the characters are scrambled when the directories are listed.
it makes no sense. i can get into the settings, however, for what it's
worth. i wouldn't know what to do there, though.

>From: Wrybread <>
>Subject: Re: SOS - File System Error (No FAT16/32)
>Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 21:10:04 -0700 (PDT)
>there may very well be a much better way to go about this, but if it were
>mine I'd load Parititon Magic and start the program. On bootup it detects
>any FAT errors and attempts to fix them.
>I'm not sure how well it works with USB drives though.
>As I say, there might be another way, I'm not very experienced with USB
>drive problems.
>matthew wood <> wrote:
>here's what happened. i was loading some songs onto my jukebox recorder 20
>and the computer locked up. i think the battery ran dead in the
>jukebox....i forgot to plug it in first. so i restarted the computer and
>this is the
>message on the screen of the jukebox:
>No Valid FAT16/32 File System Found
>Please Format Drive
>the computer doesn't recognize the jukebox any more when connected by the
>USB. the icon
>says "drive G:" on the icon when it's plugged in instead of archos jukebox
>and i can't get into it.
>i need help. have i wrecked it? please note i have very few tech skills and
>little knowlege. i'll need it spelled out plainly.
>Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
>Do you Yahoo!?

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
patented spam protection and more. Sign up now!