Subject: Re: SOS - File System Error (No FAT16/32)
From: ed (cojonesdetoro_at_badeddie.com)
Date: 2003-10-05

>i need help. have i wrecked it? please note i have very few tech skills and
>little knowlege. i'll need it spelled out plainly.

The partion magic option is a good try if you can get your hands on the
program. If it doesn't work, your only option may be to reformat the drive.
If that doesn't work, you may need to remove the drive from the player and
connect it directly to the IDE port on your computer.

I know you're not a techy but I can tell you that I have removed the drive
from the jukebox before and it's not that difficult as long as you can use a
screwdriver, follow instructions and be patient enough not to force
anything. Connecting it to a desktop computer is not that hard either if you
have a 2.5"-3.5" IDE adapter available from many places for <$10. You can
then format the drive in the desktop and have a brand spanking new jukebox
ready to accept music....

You do have a backup, dont you?

Oh, BTW, you do need a apecial screwdriver to open the unit but I was able
to do it with those itty-bitty eyeglass-repair-type screwdrivers.

Go to the rockbox homepage and look for hardware links to find the
instructions.

If all else fails, maybe you can find a techy-friend to do it for you or
maybe you can sell it on Ebay and replace it.