Subject: Re: SOS - File System Error (No FAT16/32)
From: Paul van der Heu (pvdh_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: 2003-10-06

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:46:46 -0400, matthew wood wrote:
>ok. now the device spins up and doesn't give me that FAT error
>message. however, all the characters are scrambled when the
>directories are listed. It makes no sense. I can get into the
>settings, however, for what it's worth.

Get a recovery tool (IMO the best you can get is R-Studio at http://www.r-studio.com/#local ) to get you're data off the drive, Then use Partition magic (much better then windows default stuff and it can format >20GB FAT32 which windows cannot!)

These are some of those utilities I think everyone should go out and buy as they _WILL_ save your butt a number of times, trust me.