Subject: Re: Flashed the wrong image!
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-10-06

> It happened: I accidentially flashed the FM-recorder ucl-file into my
> recorder20. I still
> can boot to archos via F1 but how can I manage to boot into a working
> recorder
> image to be able to flash again?

You've figured it out meanwhile, but anyway:
Place the suitable ajbrec.ajz in the root again, use F1 to boot rockbox.
From there you can flash again whatever you like. ;-)
I always put ajbrec.ajz of what I've flashed in root, too. So F1 boot gives
me the same version and the plugins are matching.

> I think it would be a good idea to check the ucl-file to be flashed for
> it´s type
> (recorder, fm-recorder etc..) before flashing and reject a wrong file.

Impossible with the current toolchain, sorry. The ucl files are only checked
if they are valid (header and size), then programmed as-is. There is no
decompression first, and no extra header with platform information. It doesn't
make much sense to bulletproof this, because you can easily redo the action if
you goofed.

The more concerned one is "firmware_flash.rock". If you use the wrong file
there, you're doomed. The plugin can unfortunately not determine at runtime if
it's running on an FM or Recorder. There are separate builds which demand a
different filename, but you could force the wrong one.

Jörg