Subject: ROLO automatically after *Panic?
From: Dave Jones (dave_at_hfpacoustical.com)
Date: 2003-10-06

I'm investigating ways to make the AJBR20 an extremely reliable long-term
recorder.

Would it be a bad idea to add some code to panic.c such that the panic
message was logged to a file and then Rockbox was reloaded via Rolo and
rolo_load? Is this even possible? I suppose it would be impossible to log a
panic message to a file if there were a disk error, since I assume memory
is cleared during the Rolo process, though I could be wrong.

What I'd like is to set up my Rockbox so that as soon as it was turned on
it would start recording. Then if any errors were encountered during
recording, it would Rolo, forcing a restart of the firmware and thus start
recording again. It's pretty straight forward to set Rockbox up to start
recording right after startup, but is it a really bad idea to Rolo after a
panic message?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Dave

Dave Jones P.E.