Subject: uh oh HD woes

uh oh HD woes

From: Colin Gilchrist <me_at_colinrocks.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:22:51 +0100

Heya,

I've done a really stupid thing and dropped my archos HD (sans archos
hardware) while fiddling with it. And now it goes <click> <click>
<click> <click> instead of spinning up and reading.

Does anyone have a spare HD or know of a good, cheap place to get a
laptop HD? I'm only looking for something small, between 5 and 15 Gb or
so... cant afford to get anything bigger :-(

Also... has anyone ever succeeded in getting data back off a physically
damaged drive? Would it be phenomenally expensive to get a data
recovery company on the job?

Cheers...
Colin