Subject: Re: ROLO automatically after *Panic?
From: Dave Jones (
Date: 2003-10-08

Some clarifications:

I've installed a direct lead to the battery terminals of the AJBR20's that
I use for long recordings. I removed the batteries, and then use a 5.4V
power supply plugged into the wall to "fool" the Archos into thinking that
it always has charged batteries and that it never needs to charge.

Martin: are you recording to a single large file?

I ask because I've been using the time split feature to make hour long
recordings. The panic error always seem to occur during the time split,
which is another reason I think it must be a bug rather than a power supply

I don't want to give the impression that I can't make long recordings, I
generally get at least 48 hours per go, sometimes quite a bit less,
sometimes as much as 60-70 hours. But Rockbox always seems to panic at some

At 08:43 AM 10/8/2003 +0200, Martin wrote:

>To help out with the speculations on this:
>I use my jukebox to timeshift radio. Also, to get an overview over a
>stations output I often record full days at 48 kHz/quality setting 5.
>I have sucessfully recorded for over 72hours more than one time
>using rockbox and a connected power source. I only stopped because that's
>all that fits on a DVD-R.
>I am pretty sure that there is no power problem here.
>Horoskop, Comics, VIPs, Wetter, Sport und Lotto im WEB.DE Screensaver1.2
>Kostenlos downloaden:

Dave Jones P.E.
Senior Project Engineer
HFP Acoustical Consultants Inc.