Subject: [Archos Studio 20] So tired of USB copy on WinXP
From: Laurent LECLAIRE (lleclaire_at_wanadoo.fr)
Date: 2003-10-08

After 2 months of using my Studio, i still have heavy troubles
during copies between my PC (XP SP1, VIA KT333, Archos driver
USBv2 TPP with last Rockbox firmware) and my Studio 20.

First of all, no studio is "natively" installed by XP : you need
the Archos driver.

I have 2 major issues :

* when i copy, the process always halts for many seconds during transfer
  (the copy itself is fast enough, according to USB 1.1 specs). It always
  happens (i test it on a different system and with Total Commander instead
  of Windows explorer).
* when i click on USB icon "unplug safely", sometimes it hangs all the
system
  and i must physically unplug the Archos and it happens sometimes too that
XP
  gone panic and reboot. Of course, a part of transfered datas may be
corrupted.
  Strange thing is that i have 2 icons : the one from XP (the classic USB
one)
  and one another coming from Archos driver installation (and only the last
one
  appears when i plug the Archos).

Suck ...