Subject: Disk error recovery issues

Disk error recovery issues

From: Brian King <brking_at_charter.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 21:51:39 -0500

I recently returned my Studio 20 and got an FM Recorder and since then I
have encountered a couple problems. The first is the red LED problem
that other people have had.

Here's the info on my drive if it helps:

Vendor: HITACHI_ Model: DK23DA-20 Rev: 00J2

If there is anything I can do to help squash this bug let me know.

The second problem is a problem I used to have on my player. The problem
is that the firmware gets into its error recovery and it ends up
failing. The result is that the current song quits playing. The time
keeps ticking on the display, but no sound comes out. I can skip to the
next track and it starts playing just fine. Is this the expected
behavior when error recovery fails? I would have thought it might
automatically skip to the next track. I have antiskip set to 5. I was in
the car at the time and wasn't able to try setting it to 7 to see if
that made the problem go away or not.

-Brian