Subject: RE: [Archos Studio 20] So tired of USB copy on WinXP

RE: [Archos Studio 20] So tired of USB copy on WinXP

From: Colin Gilchrist <me_at_colinrocks.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:57:00 +0100

Hi,

This sounds like it might have something to do with WinXP disk
caching... if memory serves correctly, on fixed disks WinXP doesn't
always copy files when you ask it to, but queues it for a time when
there's less disk activity. This is disabled by default for removable
drives, but if the archos is mounted as a fixed disk it might be trying
to cache disk-writes and hence tie up the (relatively slow) connection.

Oh, and I get the 2 icons too - one is for the USB -> IDE interface and
the other is for the actual HD. Either one seems to eject the drive
sufficiently.

HTH
Colin

On