Subject: FM Recorder Battery Issue
From: Henry Mitchell (hmitchell_at_fastmail.fm)
Date: 2003-10-09

I've scanned through the archives, seen some similar issues, but not
sure what the resolution is.

Anyway, lately my FMR (about 7-8 months old), has exhibited strange
power behavior. Most irritating is that it just shuts off, apparently
because there's no battery power. This is simply not true. I can turn
it back on, and it will show fully charged. Sometimes. A lot of times,
I will turn it back on and it shows the battery to be almost dead.
Sometimes it shows 50%, then jumps to 100%, back to 20%, etc.

In short, it seems that the battery level is not being properly reported
to rockbox. Does anyone else have experience with this and how to fix
it? Right now, I just keep rebooting until it comes back with
sufficient power, but it's a pain. I don't believe it's a loose contact
or anything like that.

Thanks.