Subject: Car Settings
From: Brian (
Date: 2003-10-10

okay, been a while since i've asked a question in this mailing list...

What's your car sound settings?
I've been having quite a headache trying to figure out the best setup.
'95 toyota camry:

volume: 90
bass: 3
treble: 0
channels: stereo
loudness: 13
bass boost: 10%
AV decay: 0

I'm trying to get a good setup where:
a.) delivers same sound as regular radio
b.) not too much of a volume step-up/down when changing from radio to archos
c.) sounds good at all volumes (that is, the volume i set on the car stereo)

Generally, i want the same kind of signal sent from the Archos that a normal
CD player would. And yes, I've tried flat setup... it just sounds too flat.
And i usually end up with something that either chomps the bass or has
ear-piercing treble.