Subject: Re: Flashed rockbox charging problems - need to re-flash?
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-10-10

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
> Can't tell about "frequency", but fact is that the charging algorithm could
> need an overhaul (sorry, Uwe). It doesn't expect to be started without a
> previous disk spinup and may give wrong capacity reading and too early charge
> cutoff. But for most people it seems to work.

I've been playing a bit with this lately, and made a crude patch that changes two things:

1) Displays *maximum* power level over last 3 minutes, instead of average
2) Does not read power when disk is spinning

The effect is that you won't see any power level displayed for the first minute, but when you see it it's likely to be close to the level you had when you last shut off the device.

This is purely a work-in-progress experimental test patch not ready for general consumption, but some of you may enjoy trying it:
  http://rockbox.haxx.se/slowpower.patch

--
Björn