Subject: File recovery after Recorder panic
From: RedMac5_at_gmx.de
Date: 2003-10-11

Hi all,

first let me thank you for writing RockBox! This firmware is by far better
than that of
Archos.
As mentioned before, people mostly write to this list when they have
problems, so
here we go: ;)

During a recording with my JB Recorder (6GB) I had a Recorder panic at least
one
hour into the recording. I don't know for sure because I only checked when I

wanted to stop it after 1 1/2 hours, seeing that it had crashed. The
Recorder was
getting it's power from the external AC adapter. Audio source was the
analogue
LineIn.

The file resulting from this session is only about 70kB large. I am able to
mount the
drive under Linux, however it takes a while for it do actually get mounted
and you
can hear the HDD making a lot of identical access noises during that time. I
am
unable to mount the HDD under WinXP because of a "device I/O error". Before
the
error message, I can also hear the drive accessing.

Is there any way to recover this file (preferably under Linux)? It seems
that the
data itself is on the disc and that just the file length entry in the FAT is
broken.

Thanks!
Markus