Subject: Re: Flashed recorder & charging

Re: Flashed recorder & charging

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:47:06 +0200

David S. Geirsson wrote:
> Now, it started charging, and I
> went out. When I came back, around an hour later, it had stopped
> charging, and seemed to think the battery was at 100% (which of course
> it wasn't, as it had been near-empty just an hour ago). I checked in the
> debug screen, under battery info, and sure enough, it was not charging
> the battery. I then turned off the box, and back on. Rockbox booted, and
> promptly greeted me with ~16-20% battery status (I don't remember
> exactly what it was.)

This is a combination of issues:

1) It (apparently) stops charging too soon. Did you check the battery voltage in the debug screen? If not, please try to repeat this again and note the voltage. Preferrably write down all parameters in the debug screen.

2) The power level shown after boot is *much* too low. This is a known problem and I've been fiddling with a few changes to remedy this but it's not ready yet. With the current CVS code, allow 3-5 minutes for the battery meter to rise to a more accurate level.

--
Björn