Subject: Re: ID3 tag problem with some MP3s
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-10-16

Johan Vromans wrote:
> I have a couple of (actually, several) MP3s that fail to correctly
> display their ID3v2 tags. My guess is that this is caused by strange
> tags or tag contents.
>
> I've put an example on http://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/rb20031016.mp3
>
> id3v2 tag info for rb20031016.mp3:
> TLEN (Length): 194000
> TYER (Year): 1974
> APIC (Attached picture): ()[, 0]: image/jpg, 13383 bytes

As far as I can see, the APIC frame is declared to be 0x3454 bytes long,
that is 13396 bytes. However, the APIC frame is in fact 0x56 bytes
longer than that, so Rockbox is not able to skip the APIC frame to find
the next one.

I adjusted the APIC length to its correct value and Rockbox had no
problems reading all frames. Conclusion: the ID3 tag is corrupt.

Linus