Subject: Archos Display garbaged?
From: Axel Terizaki (aterizak_at_free.fr)
Date: 2003-10-20

Hello all.

I'm actually posting here because I don't have a clue on where else to
post, and thought that maybe you could help me a bit... or give me
some helpful info.

I have a Jukebox 6000, and lately (a week or so ago) I let it
discharge completely by mistake. Apparently the Rockbox was deletes
from the flash or something, because I got the old Archos firmware
back. So, without waiting, I put back the current (2.0) Rockbox
version, and then I realized something was definitely wrong with the
display of my Archos unit:

When I move the cursor around with +, the screen
doesn't refresh properly and still shows me the same text no matter
how much I press the + button. However, when I push the - one, the
ucrser goes up from its position, as if the screen was refreshing only
when I press - (and other keys, like ON or Menu) For example:

Screen:
 -> Anime
    DA

If I hit two times +, it goes to the directory below DA (J-pop) but
without showing it to me. It's only when I hit - that I know it was on
J-pop earlier.

Also, in the Menu, the text doesn't update properly as well, showing
garbaged text (with letters from the previous line still in place).

During play, after a while (a random amount of time) the time counter
stops counting (but music still plays). I have to refresh by hitting
On twice...

Same thing occurs with the Stop button, actually.

I wonder if anyone got the same problem and knows how to fix it? I
tested the archos firmware and it does the same thing, which worries
me about my archos unit, actually...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your replies, I hope I'm not
completely off-topic :)

If there is any info I forgot to mention that you might find useful to
help me, please do ask :)

--
Best regards,
 Axel                          mailto:aterizak_at_free.fr

"Small breasts, large eyes, do you know Mahoro-san?" Mahoromatic ending theme.