Subject: Re: Kudos! was Re: Long term recording tests...

Re: Kudos! was Re: Long term recording tests...

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:08:12 +0200

Dave Jones wrote:
> I just stopped a AJBR unit that has been recording now for almost 9
> days. That 9 days of continuous recording! Amazing. Awesome job,
> Rockbox team! That's some stable software.

Thanks.

> I've posted a "Panic* rec upd: -6 during split time recording" to the
> tracker system along with a simple patch to mpeg.c that adds a
> if(!global_settings.rec_timesplit) in front of the VBR header creation
> code. This seems to clear up the bug, with the loss of record-time VBR
> header creation.

That puzzles me. The -6 panic means that the file couldn't be found when
the Xing header was to be added. I can't understand why that happens.

> I've gone through and listened to the beginning and ending few minutes
> of each file for all of the files in the 9 day recordings above. All of
> the files are there (each day has 12 two hour recordings) and they all
> have a length that looks about right. Of course, there's no VBR header
> but otherwise...

OK, so that means that the Xing header creation tries to open a file
that doesn't exist, or at least hasn't been closed yet...hmmm...

> Linus, are there any tests you'd like me to run on these files?

I can't think of any. You verified that all files were there and that
they sounded OK. That's all I need to know. Thanks a lot for your
investigation.

Linus