Subject: Re(2): Re(2): [POLL] Linux distribution
From: Mat Holton (
Date: 2003-10-20

Yeah, I read about Knoppix on a previous post - i'll try that tonight, thanks.

-----Original Message-----From: Johan Vromans <>To: <>Sent: 10/20/03 11:35Subject: Re: Re(2): [POLL] Linux distribution"Mat Holton" <> writes:

> which version/distro of linux would be best suited for my P3 600,

> 256Meg, with ATI graphics card and Creative labs sound card?

Any, I'd say. I'm running Red Hat 8.0 on less (366Mhz, 128Mb). ATI

graphincs and Creative sound card should be supported pretty standard.

Why not boot Knoppix to see if it can deal with all hardware?

-- Johan

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Visit my site
Surface Inspection Ltd